Sr. Linux Platform Engineer (Red Hat Linux, RHEV, VMWare, Ansible)
This position is in
Diagnostics and Recovery Tooling of the ASML Software department. This
department focusses on improving system availability at customer’s production
processes by process optimization for ASML Engineers in factory and field.
The Equipment Performance Server (EPS) is a product which ASML places at
customer sites to support ASML Customer Support Engineers.
The application software described above is created by specialists in other teams. Together with the EPS team it is your task to ensure there is a platform where this software can run above 99.9% availability guarantee.
Currently ASML installed many servers at customer sites worldwide. The team you will work with designed the hardware setup, the virtualization layers, manages software and firmware updates and provides a key set of supporting software services to manage the hardware platform.
The team is very strong on the technical aspects. The daily organization is done by the team itself in an Agile manner.
We are looking for a candidate with an Agile mindset who wants to work within a self-organizing team, picking up activities from a sprint backlog.
A next generation cloud-based platform is under construction. This is a new development that comes with a large learning opportunity for the team. The software that runs on the classical hardware platform is refactored to become platform agnostic. In the new setup cloud solutions are the baseline; Cloud-init, Terraform, Docker, VCenter, RHEV and GCP.
Your hands-on job is to support both the stability of the existing platforms in the field as well as the introduction of the new platform with all its new opportunities and issues. You are profound in troubleshooting hardware, virtualization, network and software issues even if these go beyond the platform. You understand the impact containerization may or may not have in these cases. Robust definition of software and platform, install and upgrade (Ansible, Shell script) is one of your hobbies. In the end you take pride in robust and stable platforms, as you are a true Engineer.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- A relevant BSc, MSc or higher in the area of Computer Engineering, IT or Electronics.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar platform(s) environment.
- Solid knowledge of GCP, Red Hat Linux, RHEV, VMWare, Ansible, Shell Scripting, Podman, Docker, (Secure) Networking.
- Proven affinity within the DevOps field.
- Experience with (scaled) Agile way of working.
Wat kun jij van ons verwachten?
- International state of the art work environment and facilities;
- Excellent internal career perspective;
- Above market salary conditions;
- Extra holidays;
- Home office allowance;
- Relocation package if you need to relocate and live outside the Netherlands.
Voordelen van solliciteren via Trinamics
- Keuze uit meer dan 500+ technische vacatures.
- Je profiteert van ons grote netwerk aan bedrijven.
- Eenmaal aan het werk, blijven we met je in contact.
- Altijd een persoonlijke consultant voor ál jouw vragen.