Machine Learning Engineer (PhD in Physics)
Do you enjoy solving algorithm design problems for the semiconductor metrology industry, with demanding time, accuracy, and memory requirements ? Do you like to use your creativity, your in-depth knowledge of physics principles and machine learning pipelines, and your hands-on experience with practical problem solving, being part of a highly talented group of algorithm experts ?
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Ph.D. in Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics;
- Excellence in numerically stable modeling, code development, using sound physical principles and insights;
- Ability to explain physical principles and algorithmic solutions in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials;
- Affinity with data-intensive and distributed software architecture (cloud) as environment for metrology applications;
- Drive for structuring the scripting code base in the cluster, and be energized by helping colleagues in this;
- Fluency in the languages Python, Julia, MATLAB, or C++, and awareness of compatibility with other software;
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals such as optics, linear algebra, probability theory, stochastic programming, robust optimization and (deep) learning methods;
- Drive creative solutions -within the bigger picture- with the product and customer in mind;
- Initiating, self-propelling and decisive in an ambiguous environment;
- Team worker, and ability to influence without power;
- Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, with result focus and a ‘can do’ spirit.
Wat kun jij van ons verwachten?
- International state of the art work environment and facilities;
- Excellent internal career perspective;
- Above market salary conditions;
- Extra holidays;
- Home office allowance;
- Relocation package if you need to relocate and live outside the Netherlands;
Voordelen van solliciteren via Trinamics
- Keuze uit meer dan 500+ technische vacatures.
- Je profiteert van ons grote netwerk aan bedrijven.
- Eenmaal aan het werk, blijven we met je in contact.
- Altijd een persoonlijke consultant voor ál jouw vragen.