Technical IT Lead – (IAAS and PAAS)Senior Noord-Brabant Software / IT
Would you like to work as a Technical IT Lead (IAAS & PAAS) in a highly complex environment? Then this might be the right vacancy for you! Our client is active in the high-tech industry and creates machines that enable companies like Intel and TSMC to produce their microchips.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Education: Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Preferably in Management Information Systems
- More than 3 years’ experience in VMware virtualization, Windows and Redhat operating systems and different databases environments linux, virtualization, storage automation
- Experience with database structures, connectivity and Windows OS.
- You have experience with Public Cloud is a plus
- 6+ years professional experience with a focus on IAAS / PAAS & Storage
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and monitoring of I(P)AAS services
- You have a broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
- You are able to summarize and communicate technical data to a non-technical audience
- You have experience in running IAAS / PAAS projects
- You are an excellent leader who is able to influence your team members
- You are an excellent team player in different management layers
- You have excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- You are an excellent communicator with good presentation skills
- You are aware of the Dutch language, this is a big plus but not required
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment.
- A competitive salary, future prospects and excellent benefits are evident.
- After a period of secondment, you can be contracted directly by our client.
- Our nice extras: discount on your health insurance, referral bonuses, other activities
- Visa sponsorship and application for 30% ruling.
In the position of Technical IT Lead you will be responsible for safeguarding the IAAS / PAAS & storage infrastructure. Developing and maintaining the IAAS and PAAS infrastructure according the defined designs, procedures and policies will be some of your core activities.
In a fast changing environment you will be able to oversee the whole of the global IAAS and Paas infrastructure in its eco system. You must be able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with the peer groups in IT representing Infrastructure & Application Management and the other business lines who make use of the infrastructure.
In addition, you will establish controls and conduct service improvement projects and advise the service manager and/or senior management by identifying critical IAAS and PAAS issues and recommending service improvement solutions across our ISP/ESP’s. This is a role that finely combines operational, tactical and co-managerial responsibilities in one.
Some of the challenges that you will across include:
- You will be the technical lead on IAAS / PAAS & Storages Services globally
- You will be responsible for the coordination of changes, incidents and problems
- You will give quality assurance w.r.t. incident solving, change preparation/execution and problem handling
- You will identify and analyze trends in the daily operation and translate into improvement initiatives
- You will translate decisions into practical guidelines, policies and implementation plans
- You will actively participate as a consultant inside and outside your IAAS/PAAS service area
- You will work with global IAAS and Paas team resources. To support availability and performance IAAS and PAAS
- You will make sure the capacity of the IAAS and PAAS & Storage is always sufficient
- You will report to management about the operational health of the IAAS and PAAS
- You will discuss the IAAS and PAAS requirements in great level of detail with IT colleagues, vendors, suppliers and contractors to ensure that these requirements are met
- You will validate design plans, quotes and orders proposed by vendors/contractors