Technical Author SpecialistMedior Noord-Brabant (Hightech) industrie
Would you like to join a company who is active in the high-tech industry and work on high-end software in the Brainport region of Eindhoven? For our client I am looking for an experienced Technical Author Specialist
Our client creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. They provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- ExperienceFluent in written English;
- Experience writing in accordance with Standards;
- Proven work experience as a Technical Author is preferred;
- Knowledge of Simplified Technical English and experience in the use of CMS and XML authoring are an advantage.EducationBachelor or Master degree, preferably in a technical area.Personal skillsBroad interest in technique;
- Good one-on-one communication skills;
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement;
- English, preferably STE;
- Writing well-structured concise documents;
- Knowledge of XML and DITA preferred;
- Communication skills;
- Critical thinking.
You are responsible to create and maintain the technical communication needed to build and service our machines in the factory and field, based on the input of the manufacturing and equipment engineers. Your support structurally improves the quality and usability of our procedures.
Convert input from engineers, suppliers and/or development documentation into effective technical documentation for products according to the specifications and standards;
Create and edit procedures for factory and service operations.
- Create and make changes to illustrations and convert illustrations to the required publishing format;
- Use documentation tools and apply the style to the created or modified documents;
- Specify requirements concerning illustrations, technical input or user feedback;
- Signal problems with technical documentation and propose scenarios for solutions or escalate;
- Acts as a first point of contact on issues with documentation relating to the various projects and for handling incoming comments.