Support Expert PCBA & Connectivity - ApplicationsMedior Noord-Brabant (Hightech) industrie
Would you like to join a company who is active in the high-tech industry and work on high-end software in the Brainport region of Eindhoven? For our client I am looking for a Support Expert PCBA / Connectivity - Applications.
Would you like to be our IT Application Expert who supports our Electrical Engineers to get the most out of their state-of-the-art integrated CAD design tools? Are you experienced with PCBA and connectivity? Read on!
Our client creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. They provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- At least 3-5 years of relevant and proven experience in multi-user, multi-site, multi-platform, multi-software, mixed hardware development environments;
- Advanced knowledge of Pronted Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) and connectivity;
- Understanding of both Linux and windows environments;
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a plus, in particular Electrical Engineering applications.
- Understanding and practical experience with:Scripting languages (Shell scripting, (bash, csh, ksh, sh), Perl, Python, VBS);
- Programming and development environments;
- Unix/Linux server infrastructure;
- Windows server infrastructure;
- Multiple virtualization techniques.Education
- You completed a BSc in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information TechnologyKeywords: PCBA, Pronted Circuit Board Assembly, Electrical, Perl, Python, VBS, Bash
As an Application Support Expert within the Engineering IT Services (EIS) Hardware group you are responsible for deployment of industry-standard ECAD applications, and for implementing Changes on the IT infrastructure to support Research and Development, in particular the electronics designers.
When working as an IT Engineering Application Support Expert you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and improve your skills in the following domains;
Focus on Multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and engineering applications;
Supporting engineering infrastructure (Linux/Windows hosting, storage, databases, remote workplaces);
Building and maintaining expert knowledge on Engineering applications, driving improvements in Way of Working and Engineering efficiency;
You will work in close cooperation with the internal customer and Solution Team Domain Architect.
You will be part of the EIS hardware team consisting of more than 30 people, with 5 Electrical Engineering Application Support Experts;
3rd line support for engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services;
Analyze business processes to understand questions from the business;
Review, select and deploy new (versions of) CAD tools, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area;
Execute non-standard changes and projects for supported Engineering IT Services and related applications according ITIL process;
Support / take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests;
Participate as technical IT support expert in running projects within the IT team;
Deliver expert support on IT services based on Windows and Linux;
Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions;
Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.