Software Test & Integration SpecialistSoftware / IT Medior Noord-Brabant
This vacancy is within the integration & industrialization team. The department is delivering computer systems, operating systems, facilities and tools for the product and provides the basic development platform to other groups.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Job Description
- The test & integration engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Integrate deliverables from developers into assemblies;
- Maintain Jenkins jobs to ensure test are run regularly and timely;
- Analyse test results and identify what deliveries cause an issue;
- Contact developers to discuss and arrange fixes for issues found;
- Create and maintain dashboards of results of integration and test;
- Maintain the database of known issues;
- Drive the cloud testing initiative (move on premise testing to the cloud);
- Automate integration and test steps where possible;
- Explore opportunities for improvements and pro-actively connect to world wide initiatives on integration and testing;
- Challenge the development teams to deliver the best possible quality and be a gatekeeper for the quality of the assemblies.Education
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics or other related studies.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience (software development/integration);
- Experience in programming/scripting and/or (test) automation;
- Experience in a high-tech environment;
- Experience in integration of deliverables of multiple development teams;
- Experience with the agile way of working (preferably SAFe);
- Experience in defining a test and integration approach and testing complex solutions.Personal skills
- You have excellent social and communication skills in English;
- You are able to work independently;
- You are a strong collaborator enabling the teams to meet their goals;
- You are pro-active and reach out to all relevant stakeholders within and outside the department;
- You take ownership, drive initiatives and challenge others;
- You are analytical and can set priorities in your day-to-day activities;
- You are flexible and can take decisions under pressure;
- You have a quality mindset and a strong affinity with testing.
The test and integration engineer integrates the deliverables from SICS development teams into assemblies and checks the quality of these assemblies before delivery to system integration. As a member of the SICS integration team you focus on automating integration and related quality checks to enable fast and easy integration for developers.
The department is working agile following the SAFe framework and runs multiple agile release trains (ARTs). Additionally some projects are running outside the ART. In the quarterly planning event the integration team creates and presents the schedule for the assembly integration. As a team you ensure that the delivering teams have their deliveries defined and planned.
As test and integration engineer you are pro-active and identify potential risks for integration and challenge the stakeholders to improve their quality.