Senior Python/Linux EngineerSoftware / IT Medior Noord-Brabant
Are you a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in Linux development and enjoy creating outstanding solutions in Python? Then it is worth it to read the full job description.
To configure the Linux operating system controlling the computer system and develop tools using Python scripts and Ansible for software installation, computer system configuration, software upgrades and backup/restore tools.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- You have completed at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other related fields. Experience
- We have a preference for candidates who meet the following criteria: Minimum of five (5) years as a Linux developer or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years of Python programming experience in a production environment;
- You have fluent knowledge of Linux Shell software development;
- You have strong problem-solving skills;
- You have experience as a Senior Software Developer for high-tech products or services;
- You have a proven history of solving complex problems both in code and in person;
- You are familiar with Git and JIRA;
- You will work in an scrum team as part of an Agile environment;
- You have experience in ansible, which is a plus;
- You have experience working with NAS systems, this is a plus.Personal skills
- The client is looking for pragmatic, enthusiastic and ambitious Python professionals with good communication and stakeholder management skills;
- You are willing to take a lead on technical decisions and have a high quality standard for deliveries;
- You take initiative, continuously drive for improvements, are self-learning and you enjoy achieving results with a team.
The day to day activities include:
Configure and test Linux Red Hat distribution with Ansible;
Create, improve and test backup/restore scripts in Python;
Create, improve and test installation/configuration scripts with Python / Shell;
Test the automatic test scripts on target hardware, representing parts of the TWINSCAN product;
Help creating high level work packages including estimates;
Thinking with MVP mindset;
Participate in root cause analyses of issues found in the field or at integration test systems;
Work in an scrum team as part of an Agile environment.