Senior Linux (OS) Engineer - HightechSoftware / IT Senior Noord-Brabant
Do you like to customize and configure a Red Hat Linux distribution to bring our application to maximum performance? Are you passionate about operating systems and able to bring our Linux operating system to a higher level of quality? Then this is the job for you!
To create and improve the Linux operating system controlling the scanner control host PC. Including tools, Python scripts and Ansible for software installation, software upgrades, backup / restore and performance measures.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- You have finished at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other related fields.Experience
- The hiring manager(s) have a preference for candidates who meet the following criteria: You are fluent in speaking and writing English;
- You have extended knowledge of Linux operating systems, Redhat certification is a plus. Nice to have is WindRiver Linux experience
- You have experience in configuring, using and debugging network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN, NTP and NFS;
- You have experience with automated testing tools and techniques (Robot Framework);
- You have experience with OS hardening ;
- You have experience with HW architectures like x86, PPC, GPU;
- You have knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira);
- You have experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT, artifactory);
- You have 3+ years of experience with build, deployment and test tools such as Jenkins & Artifactory;
- You have 7+ years software development experience;
- You have 2+ years Computer Systems Architecture or similar experience;
- You have experience in creating high level designs and writing documentation.Personal skills
- We are looking for pragmatic, enthusiastic and ambitious Linux professionals with good communication and stakeholder management skills. You are willing to take a lead on technical decisions and have a high quality standard for deliveries. You take initiative, continuously drive for improvements, are self-learning and you enjoy achieving results with a team.
The Senior Linux OS Engineer participates in a scrum team that is taking care of Linux operating system. The day to day activities include:
Create, customize, configure and test Linux Red Hat and WindRiver distributions;
Create, improve and test upgrade and installation scripts;
RedHat Virtualization, ansible and kickstart, spec files, makefiles, bitbake files;
Create custom RPM packages for automatic installations on our TWINSCAN systems;
Help creating high level work packages including estimates;
Analyze and solve defects;
Support application troubleshooting on OS domain level;
Test the automatic test scripts on target hardware, representing parts of the TWINSCAN product;
Participate in root cause analyses of issues found in the field or at integration test systems;
Work in an scrum team as part of an Agile environment.