Ruby Development SpecialistSoftware / IT Medior Noord-Brabant
With the immense growth in the last few years, there is a need to provide the software developers with the right tools to ensure our development remains efficient and can use the latest technology that is available in the market.
Enabling the transition from a ClearCase based environment to a git based one, they developed a modern environment using the latest, off the shelf tools like Gradle, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory which makes it possible to develop software more efficient and in an Agile way.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Completed a Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.ExperienceHas considerable experience with / in:TDD (Test Driven Development);
- CT/CI/CD (Continuous Testing/Integration/Delivery)
- Make based build systems;
- Gradle (Groovy, Java);
- Linux / Unix;
- Preferably has experience with / in:
- High tech software development;
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework);
- Python.Personal skillsA quick and eager learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies;
- Has considerable experience in programming;
- Has a drive towards analyzing and solving problems;
- Is pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes;
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment;
- Has the agile mindset;
- Can be a DevOps key player;
- Has good communication skills
Implement and extend a modern software development environment (mostly C/C++/Python) that is attached to the legacy tooling. You will be building the new environment and the bridge from old to new.
As a Ruby DevOps Engineer you will be further developing the BOA development environment as a member of an Agile team. With the team, you will be responsible for implementing new features, fixing issues and supporting users of the environment. You will closely collaborate with teams inside and outside of the ART to deliver a stable and usable product.