Project Engineer MaritimeMedior Zuid-Holland Maritiem
To stay ahead of the industry, our client is developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for an eager and ambitious Project Engineer to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Innovations team in Delft, the Netherlands. Working directly under the Vice President Innovations, you will take the lead in the development of new cutting-edge, customised equipment solutions to meet specific project requirements.
Lead a mixed-discipline brainstorming session on new pipelay equipment, review designs with 3D experts, co-ordinate prototype assembly and testing at one of our state-of-the-art fabrication halls, fly to one of the vessels to install equipment or head over to TU Delft to give a guest lecture – in this job, no two days are the same.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Master (MSC) degree in Mechanical, Civil, Maritime Engineering, Aerospace Structures or related discipline;
- Maximum 2 years of relevant work experience in multidisciplinary engineering teams;
- Willingness to work abroad and offshore;
- Stress-resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly and prioritise tasks;
- Team player with strong communicational skills and high sense of responsibility;
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical issues with innovative solutions;
- Able to work in a high pressure environment while maintaining a pragmatic approach.
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment. An appropriate salary, future prospects and excellent benefits are evident. After a period of secondment and functioning properly, you can be contracted by our client.
- Develop new cost-effective and fit-for-purpose equipment solutions to fit individual project requirements
- Prepare concept designs and develop detailed design of equipment
- Arrange and co-ordinate fabrication and commissioning
- Perform and evaluate prototype tests
- Travel offshore to oversee equipment installation and testing
- Provide technical input, advice and assistance during the execution of the operations
- Review and approve engineering project deliverables
- Interface with various disciplines (project team, vessel crew, suppliers and fabrication yards) to define efficient and cost-effective solutions and provide ongoing engineering support
- Contribute to fundamental research for development of future solutions/applications
- Give guest lectures and presentations at technical universities and colleges
- Co-ordinate and actively participate in the Marine Pipelines courses given at universities and colleges
- Represent our Customer and the Innovations Department at career events
- Assist the Vice President Innovations in preparing progress presentations for the Advisory Board
- Support and actively participate in continuous improvement of departmental procedures and systems