Physics/Mathematics Software Engineer C++Medior Noord-Brabant (Hightech) industrie
Would you like to join a company who is active in the high-tech industry and work on high-end software in the Brainport region of Eindhoven? For our client I am looking for an experienced Physics/Mathematics Software Engineer C++.
About our client
Our client creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. They provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
The metro software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy! As well as using metro systems to position wafers, they also use metro systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
For our department Expose DUV we are looking to hire several strong C++ Software Designers who enjoy translating functional requirements into lean software designs.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- ExperienceWe have a strong preference for senior experienced Software Engineers (object oriented design), but are also open for candidates with at least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting;
- A proven track-record in C and C++;
- Extensive work experience with Python and Linux;
- You have a good understanding of mathematical and physical concepts and translating them to clean software designs;
- Experience with software architecture / modular architecture and a general understanding of how software concepts map to machine behavior;
- Experience with software design patterns, Gmock / Gtest and code versioning (Git / SVN);
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies;
- Requirements engineering;
- Experience with maintenance of large code bases.Nice to haveMATLAB experience;
- Experience with model driven engineering / modelling.Personal skillsGood communicator;
- Team player;
- To take initiative and to be result oriented;
- You are a critical thinker and pay attention to every detail of your work and you leave no room for errors.
Solutions of the Metrology Functional Group are implemented in software by the Metrology Software Department. Your role is to design high-quality software, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
Collaborate with other Software Engineers to design and implement features;
Quickly produce well-organized, optimized and documented source code in C++;
Create and document software tools required by architects or other developers;
Debug existing source code and polish feature sets;
Contribute to technical design documentation;
Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.
Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent is strongly preferred.