Network Software Engineer (Linux / Ethernet)Noord-Brabant (Hightech) industrie
Our business client is the independent leader in in-home and fiber connectivity for digital network clients and is expanding its product portfolio. The success of the of the products of our business client depends strongly on the synergy between high quality hardware and software. If this sounds like the sort of organization where you would want to work, kindly read on.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Completed technical education, at least at Bachelor level in Information Sciences, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering (HBO / WO / BSc. / MSc.);
- Several years experience with the development of embedded software ;
- Solid knowledge of C and C++ (in embedded systems);
- Embedded Linux experience is a must have;
- RTOS and/or OpenWRT experience is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the following protocols is an advantage: TCP/IP, SNMP, TR-069, TR-104, TR- 106, TR-181, ssh, telnet, FTP, PPP, DHCP, PPPoE, firewall, IPv4, IPv6, QoS;
- Fiber, Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n/ac;
- Router Software Development;
- Network Protocols;
- Awareness of quality and efficiency in programming;
- Ability to take responsibility for a product or project.
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment;
- An appropriate salary;
- Future prospects and excellent benefits are evident;
- The possibility to participate in a collective health insurance.
Together with hardware and application engineering groups, the software group is responsible for the development of new products and the support of existing product lines. Within the software team we are in search of a Network Software engineer. He or she will be responsible for the development and maintenance on firmware for the FTTH products. The Network Software engineer will be working in a wide field, ranging from low-level networking (optical and electrical transmission, Ethernet) to high-level functionality (routing, web-interfaces, VoIP).
Responsibilities within this job;
- Designing and implementing new functionalities within the existing software architecture
- Analysis of customer cases / assignments
- Designing, implementing and maintaining software following customer specifications;
- Supporting colleagues with software error analysis
- Testing software and implementing / executing new software test systems
- 3rd line support for the Quality & Support department
- Work following the AGILE / SCRUM development method.