Medior/Senior Algorithms Engineer – Mathematics – Statistics - MatlabSoftware / IT Senior Noord-Brabant
Are you interested to work on the forefront of semiconductor manufacturing by designing integral application solutions around the world’s most advanced lithography tools? Then, this position might be of interest to you!
The On-Product Performance department in the Applications business line develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology (critical dimension and overlay) and wafer fab applications (process control system related). All development activities need to be conducted within the constraints of specification, time and budget as demanded by market conditions.
Travelling a few times per year to customers worldwide can be part of the job. An assessment can be part of the selection process.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics with a solid background in the majority of the following fields: optimization, statistics, linear regression, linear algebra, control theory, design of experiments, algorithms, data science and data analysis;
- Fast learner
- Broad thinker
- Good communication skills. Communicate pro-actively.
- Taking responsibility
- Acting decisive
- Team player
- Fluent in English
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- Relocation support (where applicable);
- A challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment;
- An appropriate salary;
- Future prospects and excellent benefits are evident;
- After a period of secondment and functioning properly, you can be contracted by our client.
As an Engineer you will design and help implement solutions that improve the overlay accuracy between layers and/or the critical dimension of printed features on actual product wafers of our customers (on-product performance). Your scope exceeds the overlay and imaging/focus performance of ASML’s lithographic equipment, and includes effects on the on-product performance caused by other processing equipment, masks, metrology, and the choices that are made by the customer on how to do process setup and control.
You are responsible for creating and improving ASML’s application products that will improve the onproduct performance of our customers. Your proposals for application product improvement can cover a wide variety of solutions concerning choices in process control strategies, optimization of process corrections, process fingerprint estimation and prediction, measurement strategies and process fingerprint root cause analysis. By combining scanner and metrology measurements with information on fab usage conditions through techniques from the field of statistics and process control theory, you discover relations between stochastic variables and design adaptive models that generalize well and can deal with uncertainty. Certain data is inexpensive and abundant, while other data is expensive and sparse. Besides their main purpose as lithographic tools, our scanners are not only generating a lot of valuable data, they are also excellent actuators to correct for process fingerprints.
Since you will be working with sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality. At the same time you are expected to be able to translate customer problems and requests in into ASML product improvements.
- You’ll be responsible for designing, prototyping, and validating optimization strategies and statistics / modeling algorithms in Matlab
- Develop validated product (improvement) proposals and a design for these such that it can be implemented by software engineers.
- Assist the software engineers with the implementation by explaining the design, and during testing / validation.
- Interact with the project manager.
- Maximize the value of ASML products to the benefit of the customer
- Participate actively in identifying future product features
- When required, you’ll also be responsible for customer data analysis with the above mentioned models and algorithms, occasionally on-site at a customer
Key words: Optimization, Linear regression, Process Control, Applied Statistics, Modeling, Machine Learning, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Bayesian Modeling, Semiconductors, Lithography, Overlay, Imaging, Engineering