Mechanical Lead Design Engineer - hightech(Hightech) industrie Senior Noord-Brabant
To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then a job of Lead Designer in the machine conditioning department could be the perfect next step in your career.
You will be responsible for the design of the fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum) infrastructure for the machines. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements; a creation of the 3D design, volume control, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces. The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- EducationYou completed a Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or equivalentExperienceYou have solid design experience in complex technical environment;
- You have experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably NX/TCE;
- You have at least 5 years of lead engineer experience;
- You have experience with working in large groups;
- You have experience with steering internal and external design teams on Quality / technically and timing;
- You have preferably working experience in the Netherlands;
- Personal skillsYou are be able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment;
- You have a robust personality taking ownership and steer farm-out design teams;
- You have a strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view combined with good reporting capabilities;
- You have good communicational skills in presenting (reflect the situation), convincing (get buy-in) and documentation;
- You are fluent English.
Your daily work consits the following:
Collect, challenge, interpret and enrich the specifications for a part of the infrastructure functionality with architects and analysts to a solid base for the generation of a new design;
Create design concepts for Source infrastructure (gas systems, water systems, vacuum systems), document why choices are made (early EDS chapter/ EDR) and present / align it within in the organization;
In early design phase negotiate and visualize available volumes in the machine with mechanical and electrical infrastructure departments and with machine module owners;
Create bottom-up design related project planning (designers / Farm-out) and align this with both Main deliverable owner and project leader;
Create regular status updates (reporting) towards program (MDO/PL/PCM) on design progress / Issues and proposed solutions;
Steer designers to making high quality designs while maintaining appropriate project timeline;
Manage farm-out design teams (3-10FTE) on Quality / Technically / Timing and take ownership of the (external) created designs (delegated building block ownership);
Make sure the design is documented clearly with proper CAD models, drawings and detailed design information in NX/TCE including EDS completion;
Guarantee design quality by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools;
Perform the required calculations to predict the functionality. (Key words: Flow, pressure drop, Gas purity, availability, strength;
Specify and select appropriate parts and assemblies from suppliers;
Interface with (internal) customers and suppliers;
Refine, detail and complete high level functional diagrams (FBD) into detail ducting diagrams (DDD) and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).