Linux Platform EngineerSoftware / IT Senior Zuid-Holland
Are you an Linux Platform Engineer with 2 years work experience? And do you have experiene with the following technologies: GCP, Red Hat Linux, RHEV, VMWare, Ansible, Shell Scripting, podman, Docker, (Secure) Networking? Please read the position below!
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- A relevant BSc or MSc in the area of IT, electronics or computer engineering
- For this position we seek a hands on professional with 2-5 years of experience in a similar platform(s) environment and who preferably has experience with (scaled) agile way of working.
- You like to investigate issues, and you’re a creative problem solver
- You’re open open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology
- You are flexible and able to context switch (and you strive to minimize the need for these)
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work
- You and the team form one entity bringing constant incremental value to your customer(s)
- You are quality oriented – you don’t settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment. An appropriate salary, future prospects and excellent benefits are evident. After a period of secondment and functioning properly, you can be contracted by our client.
- Maintenance and creation of ansible playbooks that are used in software deployment
- Shell scripts for many tasks
- Support development teams at the Veldhoven site where they experience potential platform issues
- Max 10% travel to customers for troubleshooting and upgrades that cannot be executed remotely
- You are a Linux/Unix fan and enjoy working with Redhat software releases. You can help identifying the implications when a move from one version to the next is required
- Development of automated tests that can be re-used on platform changes and upgrades to ensure no regression impact is caused
- Manage a platform setup through VMWare (RHEV) know how to make and restore backups
- Be able (and enjoy) to work with Python for test execution, scripting and documenting purposes.
Main technologies: GCP, Red Hat Linux, RHEV, VMWare, Ansible, Shell Scripting, podman, Docker, (Secure) Networking.