Linux Platform EngineerSoftware / IT Medior Noord-Brabant
This position is in diagnostics and recovery tooling of the Software Department. This department focusses on improving system availability at customer’s production processes by process optimization for engineers in factory and field. Software is being developed to gain the next nanometers. That software is deployed on a server rack inside the customer’s data center. It takes data from machines and devices as input for diagnostics on system performance and availability. This data is processed via feedback loops towards engineers and HQ to continuously monitor, improve and optimize the efficiency of our engineers work processes.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Maintenance and creation of ansible playbooks that are used in software deployment.
- Shell scripts and bash for many tasks.
- Support development teams at the Veldhoven site where they experience potential platform issues
- Great experience with Linux/Unix (Redhat)
- Development of automation tests
- Docker and preferably DC/OS
- Manage a platform setup through VMWare and/or RHEV, know how to make and restore backups
- Be able (and enjoy) to work with Python for test execution and scripting purposes
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- Within Trinamics you can expect a great offer based on education and experience. We can provide you with a challenging job where you can develop yourself professionally and personally.
A next generation cloud-based platform is under construction. This is a new development that comes with a large learning opportunity for team and organization. The software that runs on the classical hardware platform is being ported to a new setup. In the old setup VMWare and monolithic components are mainstream. In the new setup cloud solutioning for e.g. dev benches, docker and microservices on Mesosphere DC/OS are the baseline.
Your hands on job is to support both. The stability of the existing platforms in the field and the introduction of the new platform with all its new opportunities and issues. You are profound in troubleshooting hardware, virtualization, network, and software issues even if these go beyond the platform. You understand the impact containerization may or may not have in these cases. Robust definition of software & platform, install, and upgrade (ansible, shell script) is one of your hobbies. In the end, you take pride in robust and stable platforms as you are a true engineer.