Lead DevOps Specialist(Hightech) industrie Senior Noord-Brabant
Would you like to join a company who is active in the high-tech industry and work on high-end software in the Brainport region of Eindhoven? For our client I am looking for Lead DevOps Specialist.
About our client
Our client creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. They provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
The engineering IT services Software group within the organization is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the product software.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go;Education
- Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.Personal skills
- Leadership and behavioral competencies;
- You are a skilled Linux Engineer;
- You have an automation/config management mindset;
- You have experience with puppet;
- You are familiar with other automation tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins and Packer;
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (switches, firewalls, load balancing), DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, database and storage solutions;
- You have knowledge on container concepts and deployments (Rancher / Kubernetes is a pre);
- You have knowledge on cloud deployments (Azure / GCP is a pre);
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
In order to provide the software development community with new platforms, services and applications we are looking for engineers to join our team. Together with our infrastructure team you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of infrastructure used by 3500+, and growing, software developers.
As a Lead DevOps Specialist in our Infrastructure team you will be:
Part of an Agile team, where you get to design, develop, deliver and automate services;
Interacting with domain architects on guidelines and approach;
Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge on infrastructure;
Empowered to make autonomous decisions with your team, and challenge your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability;
The main part of the environment is built on Linux and VMware, development and deployment is done using Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins;
Key in the development of these complex environments are automation, Infrastructure-as-Code and introduction of cloud elements.