Embedded Software Engineer – VxWorks, Linux, ARM, NetherlandsMedior Noord-Brabant Software / IT
Our high tech client ASML in the Eindhoven area of the Netherlands is looking for the following candidate.
Do you like developing VxWorks and Linux operating system features and devices drivers for real-time applications running on ARM CPU architecture? Do you enjoy working on the border between electronics and software? Are you passionate about operating systems and willing to bring our embedded computing platform to a higher quality level? Then is the job for you.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- You have finished at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other related fields.
- Extended knowledge of VxWorks or Linux operating systems.
- Experience in device driver development.
- Experience in developing scripts for automatic test software.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT).
- We are looking for pragmatic and enthusiastic software engineering professionals with good communication skills;
- You have a high standard with regards to delivering quality solutions;
- You are a true self-starter, take initiative, self-learning and you enjoy achieving results.
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- A great job with one of our prominent clients
- Good salary conditions, career opportunities and excellent benefits
- Conversion to the client after a period of secondment
- Our nice extras: discount on your health insurance, referral bonuses, other activities
- Visa sponsorship and application for 30% ruling
- To develop, test and integrate VxWorks and Linux operating system including custom device drivers for the peripherals and field busses used by the TWINSCAN product.
- The Embedded Software Engineer participates in a scrum team that is taking care of the embedded computing platform. The day to day activities include:
- Create, customize, configure and test VxWorks and Linux distributions.
- Develop, test and integrate custom device drivers for peripherals and field busses.
- Create and improve automatic test software for qualifying the computing platform unattended.
- Product code is developed in C. Test code is developed in C and Python.
- Analyze and solve defects.
- Support software engineers of other departments in analyzing root causes of embedded computing platform related failures.
- Document and maintain test specifications and test reports.
- Work in an scrum team as part of an Agile environment.