Design engineer AutomotiveMedior Automotive
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the
development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production
engine families. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, FIETU (Fuel
Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system), Base engine and Engine
Auxiliaries, CAE and EAS Hardware.
In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a design engineer.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Bachelor or Master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experienc
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for component knowledge built-u
- Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplie
- Used to handle complex design projects and the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills
- Clear level dependant communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills or willingness to learn these tools asap
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or Engine Combustion knowledge is very beneficial
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- A competitive salary and secondary conditions
- Travel and holiday allowance
- A permanent contract after a successful period of secondment (+- 1 year)
- Possibility to follow relevant courses
Within the PACCAR Inc. the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
In this function you report to the supervisor of the FIETU group as well as the Project Lead Engineer. As a design engineer you have a variety of responsibilities:
Technical level: In cooperation with designers and suppliers you design new
air management components / systems for application on future engine families.
Your focus is functionality reliability, quality, robustness,
Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques