Calibration Engineer AutomotiveMedior Automotive
Within the engine development department of our client the system calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of new developed engines. To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are looking for a well-qualified Calibration Engineer Automotive.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Master degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines (AVL Puma, ATI/ inca / AVL Cameo)
- Experience on heavy duty truck engine calibration is a pre
- Knowledge of control theory is a pre
- Knowledge of Hardware In the Loop modelling is a pre
- Matlab experience (modelling and scripting)
- Good English skills are mandatory and Dutch skills are a pre
Wat kun jij verwachten?
- A competitive salary and secondary conditions
- Travel and holiday allowance
- A permanent contract after a successful period of secondment (+- 1 year)
- Possibility to follow relevant courses
Within PACCAR, DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop heavy duty diesel engines with focus on engine performance and ECU function calibration and validation
- Find optimal engine settings within all constraints, optimizing the trade-off between fuel consumption, driver performance, reliability and emission legislation
- With a theoretical background provide consultancy how to robustly calibrate the engine controllers
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in project teams