Azure Security EngineerSoftware / IT Medior Noord-Brabant
The world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry – has prioritized to apply Cloud throughout its IT services landscape. The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) is responsible for developing and operating the Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform that is used within all regions.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- • Maintain and improve the security posture of the Azure platform, identifying, and remediating vulnerabilitiesby using a variety of security tools.
- • Provide cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of securitysolutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks.
- • Implement and configure security controls and policies, manage access to data, and monitor threats toensure that apps, containers, infrastructure, and networks are protected.
- • Implementing threat protection and responding to security incident escalations.
- • Automate security controls, data, and processes to provide better metrics and operational support usingsecurity-as-code.
- • Configure access within a cloud solution environment using the defense-in-depth principle
- • Configure network security including in a hybrid context with traditional network centric controls Public
- • Ensure data protection
- • Manage operations within a cloud solution environment such as operations tasks, using cloud native tools, like Log Analytics, Azure Monitor and Azure Security Center or other monitoring tooling.
- • Support our cloud engineers to implement security best-practices and enable secure development andrelease processes.
- • Ensure compliance
- • Deliver/update documentation (e.g. operational tasks) on CCoE wiki.
- • Be part of a multidisciplinary DevOps team which takes ownership of both new development and operationalactivities.
- Experience• A minimum of 3 years of experience building and maintaining secure cloud solutions.
- • Understand agile and DevOps concepts in a security context such as “trust but verify”, central vs decentral controls, make agile teams as autonomous as possible while ensuring the teams adhere to the NonFunctional-Requirements.
- • Proven experience with Azure.
- • A deep understanding of networking, e.g. IP subnetting, Network Security Groups, routing, Azure Firewall, ExpressRoute, load balancer, DNS.• A deep understanding of configuring security policies and securing applications and data.
- • Strong familiarity with cloud capabilities and products and services for Azure, e.g. Azure Active Directory, Privileged Identity Management, VMs, Container Registry, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), Data Services, KeyVault.
- • Strong familiarity with cloud native tools in Azure, e.g. Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Azure Security Center.
- • Strong skills in scripting and automation, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and using CI/CD concepts.
- • Experience with pipeline tooling for automated deployments and applying security controls. Experience with Azure DevOps Pipelines is preferred but also other tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Buildkite are a pre.
- • Experience with infrastructure orchestration (IaC) tools such as Terraform and other cloud-specific infrastructure automation tools (Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager) to automate the creation of staging, testing and production environments.
- • Experience with configuration management / desired state automation / compliance tools such as Ansible, Inspec, Azure Policy, Google Forseti, Puppet, to configure, monitor and automatically enforce security controls where needed to ensure compliancy.
- • Proficient in Linux system design, automation, and operation.
- • Understand the concepts of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to maximize automation, reduce waste, increase scale and apply systemic thinking is a pre.
- • Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a pre.
- • Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global serviceproviders.
- • Security certifications such as Azure Security Engineer Associate or GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer are explicitly very beneficial. Also industry certifications are considered as beneficial e.g., CISSP, CSSP, CCSK, GIAC, CEH …
- Personal skills• Clear passion for cloud security, cloud technologies and SecDevOps.
- • Have the intrinsic quality to want to continuously improve and do better
- • Hands-on and can-do mentality
- • Feeling of ownership
- • Good communication and presentation skills (in English).
- • Team player.
- • Able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- • Good customer focus and customer facing skills.
- • Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision.
As an Azure Security Engineer you design and implement a secure end-to-end infrastructure on Azure in an hybrid
The Azure Security Engineer should be hands-on in all aspects of Azure security including implementing
security controls and threat protection, managing identity and access management, defining organizational structure
and policies, using Azure technologies in order to provide data protection, configuring network security defenses,
collecting and analyzing Azure logs, managing incident responses, and an understanding of regulatory concerns.
This role is part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE).
This team’s vision is to provide a flexible and reliable cloud platform to enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of cloud and maximizing the ability to
realize its benefits while reducing risks. In this role you will work closely together with products owners, cloud & security architects and cloud engineers to help build a secure and robust enterprise-grade cloud platform.