Kies jouw taal
Embedded Software Engineer Robotics C++
Are you an experienced embedded software designer and developer with a focus on robotics or mechatronics, and at least three years of experience working with C++ and writing multithreaded software? If so, we have an ideal opportunity for you!
Our client, a robotics tech company based in Utrecht, is currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer. More details about the position can be found below.
As an Embedded Software Engineer for autonomous mobile robot products, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and testing embedded software for control systems, communication protocols, and sensor interfaces.
- Collaborating with mechanical and electrical engineering teams to integrate embedded software with other subsystems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues, both in-house and in the field.
- Testing application software and interfaces to ensure vehicle functionality.
- Developing and maintaining software documentation, including specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Conducting testing and validation of embedded software, both in-house and in the field.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on other subsystems as needed.
- Managing engineering projects and providing technical leadership to junior engineers.
- Keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends related to embedded software and robotics.
- Providing support for field issues.
- Analyzing and optimizing traffic and logic rules to improve material flow and vehicle performance.
- Continuously improving development processes and procedures to enhance efficiency.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- A Technical Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Automation Technology, or Information Technology or equivalent work experience is required for this role.
- Additionally, a minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded software design and development, with a focus on robotics or mechatronics is required.
- The ideal candidate should be proficient with Linux and knowledgeable of the Windows operating systems, with knowledge of object-oriented analysis & design methodologies and design patterns.
- They should also have experience with writing multithreaded software and programming network communications (UDP and TCP).
- The candidate should possess an understanding of networking hardware and software, including UDP and TCP, and have experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required, with Dutch and German being a plus. The ability to read, understand, debug, and modify existing product code is essential, as is the ability to act independently to generate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- The candidate should have a customer-focused attitude, willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation, and the ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment.
Wat kun jij van ons verwachten?
- The suitable candidate will be offered an engaging and diverse role in a professional and advanced setting.
- A competitive salary commensurate with your education and experience will be provided.
- The potential for growth and exceptional benefits are apparent.
- Once the secondment period has been completed successfully, you may be recruited by our client.
- You will receive favourable secondary terms, such as a minimum of 25 days off and an 8.33% vacation allowance.
- You will have access to Trinamics Academy courses to further your professional and personal development.
- There will be discounts on your healthcare and referral bonuses, as well as enjoyable events.
- Certain pre-employment screening procedures may be required for this job opening.
Voordelen van solliciteren via Trinamics
- Keuze uit meer dan 500+ technische vacatures.
- Je profiteert van ons grote netwerk aan bedrijven.
- Eenmaal aan het werk, blijven we met je in contact.
- Altijd een persoonlijke consultant voor ál jouw vragen.
Solliciteer op deze functie
Jouw contactpersoon voor deze vacature