Senior Mechanical EngineerSenior Noord-Brabant (Hightech) Industry
Have you ever thought about a vacuum robot with a reach length of 1m and accuracy rate above 100 [.i.m) in X, Y field? Thermal conditioning uniform better than 20 [mK]? Production equipment for printed electronic applications, such as flexible solar panels, OLED lighting, displays, sensors and batteries? This high-tech company makes this possible for prominent high-tech companies locally and abroad. Are you interested in working in such challenging projects? Then read further!
What do we expect from you?
- You have an higher vocational education or a Masters in mechanical engineering, preferably with focus on fine mechanics.
- You have at least 10 years of relevant experience as a mechanical engineer and you are familiar with high-tech systems
- You have experience with design principles, precise positioning, dynamic behavior, material characteristics, clean room environment, design for reliability, vacuum design rules
- You have experience in coaching junior and medior mechanical engineers
- You have experience with planning (preferably MS projects) mechanical development during the complete V-model
- You have experience with DfX (value engineering, producibility, CoG, reliability, serviceability)
- You have basic knowledge of calculations (FEM) in the area of thermal and mechanical designs
- You have experience with 3D design tools NX or PRO-E and Teamcenter
- You have experience with Matlab/Simulink or related development tools
- Technical leadership; you also provide direction to technical project teams
- You think abstractly and out-of-the-box
- Helicopter view
- You communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and with all disciplines
- You have a clear and structured manner of reporting. You build and maintain networks internally in the organization and outside of it.
- You are capable of challenging others to come up with even better ideas
- You have well developed soft skills
What can you expect?
- A great job with one of our prominent clients
- Good salary conditions, career opportunities and excellent benefits.
- Conversion to the client after a period of secondment when performing to client satisfaction
- Our nice extras: discount on your health insurance;
- Referral bonuses;
- Yearly activities such as a soccer tournament and Christmas reception.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you specify and deliver together with a team of approximately 10 designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost-effectiveness of the systems. Your most important tasks are related to the development process according to PGP (Product Generation Process)
- Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility and producibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: coming up with a description of system design requirements and specifications
- System Design Phase: the generation of system design concepts and reviews
- Coming up up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
- Defining the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitoring that the projects remain within the agreed specifications
- Using a helicopter view and creativity in order to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Detail phase: being part of a multidisciplinary team of approx. 10-15 designers/lead designers and architects
- System verification: Verification of design requirements and chosen concepts
- Production release: Release of the design for production
- Contributing to the system road-maps
- Participating in further developments of the necessary critical mechanical competencies.
- Setting priorities within the mechanical team and reporting routinely to the project manager
- Coaching and training mechanical engineers
- Providing direction to the Way of Working (including with the help of V-model, PGP-process, design reviews, engineering change process)