Productmanager MaritiemSenior Zuid-Holland Maritime
Our client is a customer-oriented international manufacturer of auxiliary propulsions and propulsion machinery for ships. This family company, which was established in the Netherlands, is a global player and a leader in innovation, quality, flexibility and speed and it provides employment to 160 people. Their employees make the difference and they are proud to work for the company. At our client you can expect the highest quality, service and innovation. Sustainability (Corporate Social Responsibility) is another aspect that has been added. They have been a strong part of the maritime sector since 1951. Their core business is the production of rudder propellers and bow thrusters, generator sets and the supply, service and repair of diesel engines. The company has been synonymous with innovative developments in the shipping industry for various customer groups for many decades now.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar field;
- 5-10 years experience in Product Management or Applications Engineering;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience using a CRM. Salesforce CRM experience is a plus;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Fluent in English. Italian is an asset;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25-30%.
What can you expect?
- The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment. An appropriate salary, future prospects and excellent benefits are evident. After a period of secondment and functioning properly, you can be contracted by our client.
- Define the long-term strategy of the assigned product-lines specifically. Identify current product gaps;
- Manage new products form concept, to design, trough production and through the remainder of the product life cycle;
- Research products, markets and competitors in order to identify and define customer product needs and requirements. Keep current with competitors’ product offerings;
- Develop pricing strategies for direct customers and distribution;
- Assist the sales team by providing the necessary product knowledge and technical support for supporting our customers, distributors and new applications;
- Perform customer visits, attend trade shows, and obtain information from the market on future trends and technology advancements.