Mechanical Layout Engineer MaritimeJunior Zuid-Holland Maritime
Engineering Shipbuilding is part of our client, the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, they do not stop there. For every ship, they also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, they offer life-cycle support to their customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of their products. If you look at their customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, our client has an international orientation. Today they have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas.
What do we expect from you?
- A HBO level of education in mechanical engineering (WTB);
- At least three years of practical experience in 3D routing and ship installations;
- The ability to work in a team and develop your own initiatives;
- Experience with 3D CAD systems is a plus (NUPAS/Cadmatic);
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Good communication skills in Dutch, or at least willingness to learn;
- Only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates;
- An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
What can you expect?
- The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment. An appropriate salary, future prospects and excellent benefits are evident. After a period of secondment and functioning properly, you can be contracted by our client.
As a Mechanical Layout Engineer, you will work as part of a team to design the technical areas on board vessels, making preliminary layouts to areas such as the engine compartment and pump room. We are searching for innovative people with eagerness who want to do more than just building a ship.
In this role, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and completing formats in a 3D application (Cadmatic), while taking into account regulations, service spaces, maintenance and various components;
- 3D routing of all piping systems, cableways and ventilation ducts;
- Modelling and developing the necessary foundations for the components;
- All other common activities, such as flex suspension exhaust pipes.