Heb je vragen of hulp nodig?
Neem contact met ons op.
Wij helpen je graag verder!
Our client is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of high-tech / precision modules. The development department has several competency groups such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software and Project Management. In multidisciplinary project teams where the responsibility is part of these teams, they specify, design, develop and qualify professional products for our customers. Because it are multidisciplinary projects, your responsibility is broad and large. Our client is a unique project-based development environment for high-tech mechatronic systems, where the combination of product development and production are centered.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will work in a project-based environment. You're mainly engaged in the development of mechanical concepts for the high tech machinery, often in consultation with fellow mechanical engineers. You are also responsible for the mechanical detail design (incl. Package TPD) and you ensure that these are available according to the agreed schedule and meet the set of requirements.
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer you specify and you perform together with a team of about 10 designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost effectiveness of the systems.
- Feasibility phase: examine the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical components;
- Definition phase: provide a description of the system design requirements and specifications;
- System design phase: generate the system design concepts and revision;
- You have well considered choices and you validate the system requirements;
- Definition of the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces;
- Monitoring if projects stay within the agreed specifications;
- Has helicopter view and is creative to find solutions in case of conflicts;
- Detailed phase: is part of a team of (lead-) designers / architects of about 10 to 15 persons;
- System verification: Verification of the requirements of the design / of the chosen concep;
- Production release: Release of the design for production.
- Contribute to the system roadmaps;
- Participate in the development of necessary critical mechanical skills;
- You priorities within the mechanical team and you report regular to the project leader;
- You coach and train the mechanical engineers;
- You direct the Way of Working (eg using V model, PGP process design reviews, engineering change process).
You have a Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a focus on precision engineering.
- You have at least 10 years of relevant experience as a Mechanical Engineer and are familiar with high-tech systems;
- You have experience with design principles, accurate positioning, dynamics, material characteristics, cleanroom environment, design for reliability, vacuum design rules;
- You have experience in coaching junior and medior Mechanical Engineers;
- You have experience in creating a schedule (preferably MS Projects) of mechanical development for the entire V-model;
- You have experience with DfX (Value Engineering, manufacturability, CoG, Reliability, Serviceability);
- You have basic knowledge of (FEM) calculations in the field of thermal and mechanical design;
- You have experience with 3D design tools, NX or Pro-E and Teamcenter;
- You have experience with Matlab / Simulink and related development tools.
- Technical leadership; you lead also technical project teams;
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the-box thinking;
- Helicopter view;
- You communicate clearly and effectively with all levels and disciplines;
- You have report in a clear and structured way;
- You build and maintain networks in both the internal organization and externally;
- You are able to challenge others, and to come up with even better ideas;
- You have well-developed soft skills.
The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment.
An appropriate salary, future prospects and excellent benefits are evident.
After a period of secondment and functioning properly, you can be contracted by our client.
Do you feel you are the most suitable person for this position or do you have any further questions?
Send your CV to email@example.com or 040 401 52 00 and ask for Mark de Roode.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 040 401 52 00.