Heb je vragen of hulp nodig?
Neem contact met ons op.
Wij helpen je graag verder!
Our client is a state-of-the-art company that is active in sensor and LiDAR technology, located in Eindhoven.
A well thought of sensor hardware design and a new sensor fusion concept always starts off with
developing a thorough understanding of how a sensor front end interacts and perceives the information coming from its surroundings, and how the system components chosen, affect perception quality.
To achieve this goal, specific simulation models are to be made of all components, and of the physical
interactions seen in the real world. Unfortunately there are no readily available models on the market
we can use: there are either too simple, physically incorrect and therefore don’t provide the fidelity level needed, or too detailed and therefore covering just a small aspect in full detail of all aspects to be
considered and this at a very large computational cost. Things are further aggravated by the fact that
modern sensors contain a lot of IP protected concepts which are not covered by commercially available models, but which do affect a sensor’s output.
To overcome the issues seen, our client is currently reinforcing its team for sensor modeling and simulation. Within this team – the Physics Based Modelling Team – we have optical experts and physicists working on sensor models consisting out of a front end (hardware), the physics seen in the traveling medium, and some low-level signal processing algorithms.
Our clients current sensors involve electro-optical components only, but soon RF based technology will be added to the scope of work. The ideal candidate has a M.Sc. degree in electronics engineering or in physics. Hands-on experience in measuring sensor system performance is welcomed. The physics based sensor model integration engineer will be member and linking pin of the Physics Based Modelling Team.
• Wrap, integrate and apply improvements to the different sensor model sub modules to establish our own sensor simulation package under development.
• Review and sanitize / professionalize code - underlying the sensor sub models – which was developed by optical and physics experts.
• Do milestone / capability based (sub) project tracking
• You are a professional with at least a M.Sc. degree in electronics or in physics. Professionals with a background in scientific computing or mathematics are invited to apply as well
• You are an engineer who wants to build things!
• Excellent knowledge of High Performance Computing, C++ and CUDA is a must
• Familiarity with version control, build management, testing and documentation tools
• Knowledge of 3D graphics programming, as well as hands-on experience with Qt5 are desired
• You are a self starter, inquisitive by nature and like to learn new things
• A competitive salary and employment conditions
• 30 vacation days
• A fun and motivated team and working environment
• Large budget for training and education
• A rare occasion where you can influence the culture and road map of a company yourself
Send your resume and introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick Schipperen +31 (0)76-548 73 73